Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlee!!

So yesterday was Charlee's 1st birthday - I know, it's silly to celebrate dog's birthdays, but I did a party for Mansin's 1st also, so I thought I better do the same for Charlee. I don't do this every year, I'm not that crazy, I figure the first year is good enough. So we had a little party at the animal hospital where I work. I got a "dog cake" - for the dogs to eat from Three Dog Bakery (link to their page in my favorite links) - with her name on it.




I also put a birthay hat on her - left over from Mansins birthday - and let her dig into her cake first. After she had taken a good chunk out of the side, I pulled it up and cut some slices out and gave them to all the other dogs that were there - it was a very messy, slobbery good time.








Astro (left) and baby puppy Bella (right)


Charlee also got a present from one of her dog "friends" Astro - pictured above - here are some pictures of her playing with her new, rather large and PINK, stuffed, squeaking toy...sigh...thanks Denise!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg dude thats so cute. wish i was there.lol i love it

Lisa said...

Can I just say that is so cute. I could never ever do that. Love you and hope to see you soon.

D'On Marx said...

LOL! I LOVE the cake! That's great! Jason couldn't figure out why you'd give the dog a cake. He's funny! Happy Birthday Charlee!

stephani said...

ONLY YOU WOULD HAVE BIRTHDAY PARTIES FOR YOUR DOGS!! UH..ACTUALLY I THINK WELL HAVE ONE FOR NIKITA TOO ON HER FIRST! HOW FUN!! AND HOW DO THEY MAKE THOSE CAKES? HAHA I LOVE YOU! OH PS. I TAGGED YOU ON MY LAST BLOG!!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday Charlee!! I love the cake!! What is it made of... I assume not sugar! anyways, i love it! Hey check out my blog- I tagged you! ha ha ha ha ha ah !