Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our first NFL game

So for Kevin's birthday - as many of you know - I bought him tickets to an NFL game in Arizona. Kev is a San Francisco 49ers fan but there was no way we were going to drive all the way to San Fran! So I started looking at the closest (and warmest) places, and that was Arizona - Well, as I was looking thru the schedule, it turns out that AZ was playing the 49ers in Arizona! I jumped on those tickets right away! I bought the cheapest tickets -which were nosebleed, but I was still really excited! So the game was last Monday and we took off late Saturday afternoon...after my all nighter with the puzzle...and spent a long relaxing weekend in Scottsdale Arizona. Monday afternoon we drove to Glendale (outside of Phoenix) where the stadium was. The place was HUGE! There are no words to explain and pictures don't do it justice, but here are some anyway...



Jordin Sparks sang the National Anthem which was awesome and then the opening kick-off the 49ers ran the ball back for a touchdown! We were so excited! What a way to start the game! We were lucky enough to have some 49ers fans around us so we didn't feel so alone when we wanted to cheer for them! It was a really great close game and a great "first timers" game (even though the 49ers ended up loosing!) and if you saw the game you know what I'm talkin' about! This is something we totally will do again! Here are some more random pics...

We drove back to Vegas on Tuesday and took a more "scenic" route. We drove thru Sedona and Flagstaff AZ. (Who knew places in AZ got snow? Not me!) Sedona was beautiful and we took our time drivin' thru and took lots of pictures - here are some of our fav's...

2 comments:

D'On Marx said...

Glad you guys had fun!

Tasha said...

so cool! I love your pictures at the game!! You guys look HOT!