Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Insomnia

Tonight, or I should say, this morning, I am unable to sleep - again. So it has been this whole week. Not sure what is going on with me but it is rather frustrating. Anyone who knows me, knows I must get my sleep or I get very cranky. Anyway, so rather than laying in bed staring at the ceiling, I have decided to do something productive. Ever since I was a child I have been into puzzles. My dad "created" that in me I guess you could say. So, I dug a puzzle out of my closet and set to work. It is now 1:30 am and here is where I am.

After getting the border done and everything roughly seperated, I felt like there was something I was missing. And maybe it's lack of sleep, but when I realized what it was I broke down and cried really, really hard. I realized what I was missing was my "puzzle partner" - My Dad. I have never before been doing a late night puzzle by myself. Dad always had trouble sleeping as well and was only too happy to help me work on a puzzle. So, I just wanted to put my sadness of still missing him after all these years into words and say - Thanks dad for sharing and teaching me to enjoy this hobby thats getting me thru this very long night.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I am so sorry! I have been having trouble lately also and it is so so so annoying!! So I feel for you! ...maybe I should build a puzzle!

D'On Marx said...

What a sweet memory!

The Bigelows said...

I Love Puzzles my fam does one every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

hope things are going good for you im glad we are now Blogg Buddies!